Posted to sci.electronics.repair
n cook n cook is offline

Default Dim display Panasonic stereo

Ken G. wrote in message
I guess its the display tube . Fortunately the power transformer has a
small board stickng up in plain sight with the 30v circuits and fil.
circuits on it with the pins labled . All the voltages are fine .

Strange though .. When i push my finger on the back of the display board
across solders the conducting of my finger causes the display to go nuts
and random segments get real bright .

Have you tried cutting the traces to the cross-wires, usually the end ones
or end pairs and driving from another low V ac source, assuming there is a
3V or so secondary on the transformer.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England