Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hayter Lawnmower Disc Blade Carrier - how to remove?

Ian wrote:
On Wed, 23 May 2007 13:44:56 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Ian wrote:

9) When the retaining bolt is out, the thread in the crank is actually
smaller than the hole in the disc through which the retaining bolt
passes. Furthermore this hole is threaded to take a bolt to draw the
disc off the crank. I'm not very up on bolt threads but I THINK it was
described as 1/4" when I got it. It is about 7/16ths diameter and
pitch is about 19 per inch. The head has three radii on it which I am
sure indicates something! Over to someone else on this one.

I cannot conceive how screwing a bolt back into the crank after you have
removed on from it will 'draw the disk off.'

Hi NP
The bolt concerned is NOT the retaining bolt and does not go back into
the crank but into the disc....

Ah. Got it.

Now that may just make me do the disk removal thing and an oil change
this week.

Integral hub puller. Never knew they had one of those..

Shame you don't know the exact thread..