Posted to alt.home.repair
Effty Effty is offline

Default Latex porch & floor enamel question...

On May 23, 9:42 pm, Karl S wrote:

Latex floor paints are almost always satin finish.

Hmmm... I did not realize that. It's latex floor and porch enamel.

The online dictionary here bears out my thinking. i.e., enamel =

#3. A coating that dries to a hard glossy finish: nail enamel.
#4. A paint that dries to a hard glossy finish.

I feel a bit cheated because this stuff has really no gloss
whatsoever. I kinda thought all floor paints would be glossy and
slick by design. A non-glossy floor paint is a new idea to me.
Weird.

Why don't you just leave it the way it is. When it wears out, or if you
insist on doing something now, repaint it with high gloss polyurethane
floor enamel.

Well, I matched the color to what was there originally. It's very
light. It's on a busy street and it gets very dirty very quickly. I
need something very easy to sweep, something that won't hold onto the
dirt. This is, like, powder finish. I can tell it's gonna trap dirt.

The wood seems to like this stuff. I can see how it would at least
make a brilliant primer. I will probably use this up and get
something high gloss for a topcoat.

~e.