Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
charlieb charlieb is offline

Default Walking AND Chewing Gum - AND

David Wade wrote:

snip

Will prepare a full report on the methodology - with charts and graphs
and a few tables of numbers, along with the corresponding song titles.
Will post them when their done.

YES! I can see the syndicated show now, "Turning With the Stars". How
about the judges as Bonnie Klein, John Jordan, and Stuart Batty. "On
tonight's show we'll have Sugar Ray Leonard turning a hollow form, Elle
MacPherson making a box with a threaded lid, and Regis Philbin making a
newell post.

DW
(Sorry all, I just got in from my weekly wednesday ballroom night and my
mind is wandering. I'll be back in the woodshop tomorrow.)

How you get Out There isn't important. It's getting Out There that
is
- and you're well passed the point I've ventured to - so far. But I
am
considering building a pole lathe.

Sure would like to have seen Muhamid Ali turn when he was in his
prime. Fast hands - make that VERY fast hands - fast feet - and
a very quick mind. I'm betting he could've done "ornamental"
turning
with no jigs, fixtures or any kind of special mechanical help at
all.

charlie b