Posted to alt.home.repair
Effty Effty is offline

Default Latex porch & floor enamel question...

I'm redoing my covered porch floor. It's aged and chipped and
peeling. I bought some latex porch & floor enamel and had it tinted.
I've used it to prime the boards that need to be replaced already.
The problem is that this enamel seems to have no gloss to it at all.
I was under the impression when I bought it that all enamels had some
gloss. Should I go back and have them add gloss to it? Another
solution (in my mind) would be to coat the porch with some water-based
semi-gloss polyurethane. I already have some of that from something
else. Should I seal it with something either way? Would polyurethane
yellow over time? What other drawbacks might there be to coating with
polyurethane? What is the best thing to use for a high traffic
painted floor like that?

Thanks for any advice in advance!

~e.