Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Anyone Here Use One Of These? Nail Extractor

Wed, May 23, 2007, 9:46am (EDT-3) (GROVER) doth
sayeth:
There exists an older version of the Jefferson extracting pliers. It is
manufactured by Crescent (part of the Cooper Group). It is Crescent
catalog number 56 and called Sure Grip. Its got a pair of jaws to grip
the nail, a slide hammer and a curved lever. The slide hammer serves to
set the jaws below the surface of the wood. Its long enough to pull out
even stubborn customers.It seems to still be available and is shown on
Crescent's web site.

Heh heh. Got it covered. I've got that tool. Except mine's
probably around 80 or more years old. Don't recall who made it (it's
out in the shop), but it did cost me quite a bit less, postage included,
and works aw well, or possibly better than a new one - mine's probably
higher quality and heavier.

JOAT
What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new
humiliations?
- Peter Egan