Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Ashby Peter Ashby is offline

Default Using Fimo to make vacuum adapter?

wrote:

On 23 May, 16:02, adder1969 wrote:
On May 23, 3:52 pm, wrote:

Cast something out of resin?

I appreciate the number of skills I'm being enticed to develop,
including those of vacuum cleaner mechanic, in the quest to produce
this spice rack.

Ah spice racks, yes. The last one I built I ripped the stock out of a
2x4 piece of Wickes pine, by hand. I figured it resulted in stock that
was effectively quarter sawn. I forget how many meters I hand sawed and
planed but SWMBO was well pleased. Router used to cut the dadoes for the
shelves and to round over the fronts.

One day I will have the readies to buy a table saw, or maybe simply a
decent ripsaw. My panel saw is a good one, it just doesn't cut all that
quickly on the rip ;-)

Peter
www.the-brights.net