Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lurch Lurch is offline

Default Permissible combi boiler connection point (electrical)

On Wed, 23 May 2007 21:08:42 +0100, Martin H
mused:

I want to have a combi installed in my kitchen. Regards the electrical
mains feed, there is a single switched socket near where I want to
locate the boiler. I gather that switched sockets are against the
rules because they don't completely isolate the boiler. So how about
if I knock the protruding part of the switch off and Araldite over it
so that it is no longer a *switched* socket?

Not really, because it's then defective equipment in one respect. Some
sockets are douple pole switched so some sockets do comply, soe don't.
Either way, the single pole switch isn't really an issue as unplugging
it completely isolates it.

Failing that, there is also an old switched, fused outled which used
to be used for a small Baby Belling cooker. I could simply wire it in
to that.

Yep.

Would either of these options exempt me from filing a Part-P
notification to BCO?

Depends on the lunar cycle.
--
Regards,