Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Ashby Peter Ashby is offline

Default Using Fimo to make vacuum adapter?

wrote:

Hi,
I'm planning to make up an adapter to connect a vacuum cleaner to my
Trend router table. I have a plastic bottle with the base cut off
which goes over the circular port at the back of the fence. The vacuum
nozzle needs to be held and to seal in the over-wide neck of the
bottle.

I'm thinking of using Fimo, the bakeable polymer modelling clay to
make an object that replaces the screw-top of the bottle. This would
be something much more substantial that the nozzle can be held
securely in. Has anyone ever used Fimo or any similar mouldable
material to construct detailed (coarse threaded) parts for jigs and
fixtures?

I would prefer to use something a bit more businesslike than Fimo if
such material exists and someone would be kind enough to tell me what
it is.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-Y...leeve-22358.ht

That is what I used to connect my Earlex to my Trend table until I
bought the widebore hose kit that goes on without an adapter. Oh, you
might need a couple of jubilee clips too. A hairdryer was sufficient
heat (advantage of teenage daughters).

Peter

www.the-brights.net