Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Advice on replacing soffits/fascias on old house - ventilationholes

LJMeek wrote:
I suppose you might be right. I'm reasonably sure that the roof
(rafter, sark, slate) doesn't have felt on it.

If that's the case, would I be OK to ignore soffit vents?

I've looked through the (Scottish) Building Regulations and I can't
find where soffit vents are demanded.

well they usually are, but if you have slates that lets the wind in.
ignore the bloody things and to hell wit the inspectors.

I lived in an attic flat that had no roof insulation and no central
heating and gappy slates once. Christ it was cold..I carwled up into teh
loft to see why..sub zero blizzard in there.
Then I moved.