Posted to uk.d-i-y
R D S R D S is offline

Default heating a room within a room

"Logician" wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 19, 12:49 pm, "R D S" wrote:
We have a unit heated by a gas blower with a large fan in the apex approx
20ft high.

I want to break the place up into separate 'rooms' for a better control
of
noise/dust etc. but I reckon that the heating of the place will become a
problem.

The best I can come up with is to have expelair type fans fitted into the
ceiling the wrog way round to draw air in.

Any opinions/ideas?

Cheers,

Rick

You have to compute the BTU for the room see
http://www.vogue-uk.com/BTU/index.asp
for a calculation. Then you just need a heat source. They are a lot of
heat sources available from cheap stores ("sheds") like B&Q or you can
fit an electric towel warmer (permanently wired into the mains) for a
low cost. White ones are much cheaper.

Is there much difference in the cost of heating a space with gas vs elctric?

I was wondering whether to get a combi and put some rads in.