Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default mounting bathroom fans better

"Bob M." wrote in message
. ..

"Eigenvector" wrote in message

The better quality fans such as the Nutone QT series or my favorite,
Panasonic, don't have a noise problem. Look at the sone rating for each
fan. Less sones is better. I think a Panasonic 80 CFM fan is .4 sones
whereas the cheap fans that builders usually install are 6 or 7 sones.

Sure I know there are better units available, but that's not really what
I'm asking.

What about quieting down the one that already exists?

Other than using rubber washers between screws & unit to isolate the
noise, probably not much. If the designers didn't design it to be quiet,
then you'll have a heck of a time making it so.

Sounds like this idea isn't panning out. Maybe I should go find some other
turnip to squeeze blood from.