Posted to alt.home.repair
Grandpa Grandpa is offline

Default Water in traps

Charles Pisano wrote:
Thanks...Good to know I didn't do something wrong...again..I put the
(made for the home) antifreeze in my Pa home when I go away. Works great
if you follow directions. I also found you can pay a little for it or
ALOT..

Fortunalty I looked around at HD and found the cheap one..

I doubt I'll use antifreeze in fla. I did spray a little bit of
water/bleach solution in the traps (before leaving) to keep down the
mold. I smelled it when I returned last fall. I'm hopin' that helps this
year..

People told me to get a humidistat. But I'm thinkin' the hurricanes
will blow the whole shooting match away this year. One can hope..

Well, it does more than just block the odors. Keeps those sewer bugs
from crawling up the drain pipe and taking up residence in your home
while you are away. Put some of the "antifreeze" in every drain and
you won't have the sewer bugs or odors.
--
Grandpa