Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Soundlab G097F advice please.

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"t@k" wrote in message
.. .
One thing I have found, is the sensor on the heat-sink is closed circuit
in the amp's present state (cold) - should this be the case?

NOTE: disconnected from board when tested.
--
t@k
(Invalid return address. Please reply to newsgroup).

I would say that the thermoswitch reading closed, is correct. There are
both open and closed types, but closed types in this application are by
far the most common. I have looked at the images, and C210 leapt out at me
( heatsink away from you, left side of board, just in front of centre
connector ). This cap looked as if it had a domed top. I have looked at
this from all the angles that I can, with the photos zoomed up, and it
definitely looks as though it is. If it is domed, then that would be the
very next thing that I would try with a replacement. I don't know how much
actual electronics knowledge that you have, but faulty electrolytic caps
are very very common, and a domed top is usually a red-flag giveaway. If
it is, and you decide to have a go and replace it, note that these caps
are polarised, so must be fitted the correct way round ( sorry if I'm
treating you too dumb here ). The board may be marked with a "+" symbol,
but more likely from what I can see, a bar at the "-" terminal. This
corresponds to a stripe, usually marked "-" on the cap body itself.

Arfa

Where yoo gon?

Did you get any success with it ?

Arfa