Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Kitchen faucet / sink advice

On Tue, 22 May 2007 07:29:03 -0500, RnR wrote:

Just wondering which is better in the kitchen for a "rental" home? If
it matters, we live in a hard water area and will have a professional
do the installation.

a) stainless steel sink or enamel sink (new formica will surround it)?
(pro's and con's for each please; brands recommended or to be avoided)

b) single handle or 2 knob faucet ?
(pro's and con's for each please; brands recommended or to be avoided)

My goal would be hopefully for low maintenance / durability. I wonder
which faucet is cheaper to maintain if you hire a handy man to do the
work ie: faucet seats vs. cartridges? Usually our tenants aren't too
harsh on the home but I don't expect them to treat it like they own it
either.

Is it typical for most single handle faucets (Moen comes to mind)
supplied with a lifetime parts warrantee? Any brand have a better
warrantee than Moen (easier or faster to get parts)?

No brand is foolproof and without maintenance issues. I'd go with a
Delta and SS sink--a brand you can find readily find parts, and not
too expensive.