Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop` Pop` is offline

Default Water in traps

Charles Pisano wrote:
I noticed (lurking in here) that someone advised to put cellophane
over the toilet to keep the water in the trap from evaporating and
allowing sewer gasses in the house (when away for an extented period).

I realized after reading that, that I let that happen last year and
when I got home I just turned the water back on and nothing happened.
Is there a particular danger in this. I left it the same way this
year..

Thanks
CP

Nah, not really; just a possibly unpleasant odor when you do return. Put
antifreeze in there and it should work OK and wont' evap too quickly.