Posted to alt.home.repair
M5G via HomeKB.com M5G via HomeKB.com is offline

Default Maytag Dryer Model DE 606

CORRECTION: BELT SIZES are 56 inch and 46 1/2 inch (not 46 inch)! Corrected
below..

M5G wrote:
I almost hate to ask but have you checked the dryer's circuit breaker
to see if it has tripped?

That was the first thing I checked. All OK.
Got it fixed! Thanks for your help. It was the door switch.....by passed it
and put another switch in its place located remote. When it was ohmed it
pulsated up and down indicating some problem it the circuit contunity.
Replaced it with another remote switch and works fine. Now I am replacing the
belts..replaced one and when it was installed the other is too loose....
lesson: always relace both belts at one time...got them for less than $10
each at local auto store...had to order but price saved $15 each. Belt sizes
56 inch and 461/2 inch on this unit...but I read that some DE606 units have a
different size--like a 42 1/2" instead of the 56".

I feel like I know this dryer -- hate to change to new one after reading all
the post at sites about problems with new washers and dryers.

Thank you all for your input.