mike crowe

Default Chain tensioner ideas

you could fit a complete tensioner assembly intended for a vintage type
trials motorcycle..........try BJ racing
"Old Nick" wrote in message
Back to my post hole digger. I want to spring-tension the main drive
chain (5/8"). I was wondering if anyone has any useful ideas about
putting a chain tensioner together. Part of the reason is that I wll
have to use 2, because the chain fouls the mounting (my build :- ) if
I just tension one side.

I have thought of actually using a little sprocket, or a ball bearing
on a shaft (no drive needed, of course). But there was one picture
that appeared to simply use a piece of plastic! Presumably delrin, or
some other slippery, hard material? It looked quite narrow. I assume
it sits only on the chain rollers.

The chain is in exposed, dusty conditions, I might add. That was why
the dragging plastinc idea did not appeal.

Any ideas appreciated.

.........no I'm not!

Does Bill Gates dream of electronic sheep?