Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz bz is offline

Default Sony DVD player brightness alternates dark to bright

"Arfa Daily" wrote in news:%hG4i.1599$zL6.1373
@newsfe7-gui.ntli.net:

"Michael Black" wrote in message
Golf ) writes:
I got this as an anniversary gift from my company. Sony model DVD-
NS75H. I searched this group and found nothing on this particular
model. Too much trouble to return, so either I repair or trash. Since
day one when playing a DVD, the picture slowly alternates between
normal brightness, to dark (not black), back to normal, to bright, and
so on. I don't have much experience with DVD players, but was hoping
someone in this group could tell me what they think is happening and
where to start looking for a possible fix. Thankyou as always.

And how have you got it hooked up?

That sounds identical to what happens when playing a DVD player
through a VCR into the antenna jack of a tv set. The VCR being there
to turn the video signal into a radio signal for the tv set. The
problem is that there is copy protection built into some VCRs, and
that starts doing what you describe.

If this is the case, the solution is simple, take out the VCR.

Michael

That would be my exact take on the problem too.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/lofiver...php/t8978.html

--
bz 73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.