Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rick Rick is offline

Default Sony DVD player brightness alternates dark to bright

Golf wrote:

I got this as an anniversary gift from my company. Sony model DVD-
NS75H. I searched this group and found nothing on this particular
model. Too much trouble to return, so either I repair or trash. Since
day one when playing a DVD, the picture slowly alternates between
normal brightness, to dark (not black), back to normal, to bright, and
so on. I don't have much experience with DVD players, but was hoping
someone in this group could tell me what they think is happening and
where to start looking for a possible fix. Thankyou as always.

I've only experienced this once and it seemed like a fluke. Ejecting and
reinserting the DVD corrected it in my case. If that doesn't work for
you try unplugging the player to completely kill power, wait 5 minutes,
plug it in and try again. Also go into the DVD player settings menu and
save the settings again - there might be a bad bit saved in the EEPROM.
Check the manual or screen menu to make sure you are pressing the right
key combination to save the settings - changing the settings is
different from actually saving them on many DVD players.

Rick