Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kitchen faucet / sink advice

RnR wrote in message news
a) stainless steel sink or enamel sink (new formica will surround it)?
(pro's and con's for each please; brands recommended or to be avoided)

b) single handle or 2 knob faucet ?
(pro's and con's for each please; brands recommended or to be avoided)

My goal would be hopefully for low maintenance / durability. I wonder
which faucet is cheaper to maintain if you hire a handy man to do the
work ie: faucet seats vs. cartridges? Usually our tenants aren't too
harsh on the home but I don't expect them to treat it like they own it
either.

Is it typical for most single handle faucets (Moen comes to mind)
supplied with a lifetime parts warrantee? Any brand have a better
warrantee than Moen (easier or faster to get parts)?

Enamel sinks chip. SS sinks last for many years and can still be polished
with just a sponge and cleanser. Don't get the cheapest, but don't get hte
best either for this application.

As for the faucet, Moen or Delta single lever. Both are fairly trouble
free, easy to repair, easy to find parts. Do NOT buy the cheap imitation
that looks like Delta. They are not nearly as durable and will cause
problems after a couple of years.