Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Builder forgot a heating vent...

On 21 May 2007 15:35:35 -0700, wrote:

On May 21, 6:13 pm, Lawrence wrote:
On May 21, 3:57 pm, wrote:

So my builder forgot to put a heating vent in my bedroom. Is it as
simple as cutting a hole in the bulkhead and duct and then screwing in
the ventilation grate? Or is the job going to require the tear down of
the entire bulkhead? I'm hoping it won't be too much of a tear down
because everything is already painted. Thanks.

How long have you had the home? When was it built? Have you talked
to the builder?

The builder is coming in next week. The home is just over a year old
and still under warranty. However, I don't even think that a missing
vent would be considered a warranty item. They just have to put one

I see your point, but it really depends on how the warranty is
phrased, and maybe even statutes or prior court decisions about
specific phrases (In the US, but I think Canada and the US are the
same in that regard.)

No matter how reasonable it seems that they should have to put one in,
there could still be a time limit on such a request. After all,
there is a time limit on the filing of lawsuits and the prosecution of
most crimes, for different reasons I guess, but nonethelss.

in. I wanted to know in advance just how messy a job it might be.

There was an intersection of 2 1/2 or 3 expressways in Carolina or
somewhere where they left out one of the ramps. They built what ws
in the plans, but it wasn't in the design, and there was no way to get
from one xway going in one of the directions to another expressway in
one direction. People somehow figured out where they had to slow down
and turn onto the grass, then make their own "acceleration lane". But
a permanent ramp couldn't be built there because there wasn't enough
room. They built one somewhere, in about a year.