Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default uk.d-i-y wiki

EricP wrote:

On 2007-05-22, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article .com,
wrote:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...c_installation
The bit about never re-using cable of the correct spec is rather vague. It
may have been straight off the drum and clipped to a beam etc with hardly
being bent - or flexed many times while routing through walls and under
floors, etc. So common sense would apply. Although I doubt in practice
it's much of an issue unless extending an existing installation where it
might be thought all the cabling must be replaced?

Blimey, where would I be without my "offcuts" box?

And I'd like to see a cite for this; "Electricity kills and injures many people
every year. A great many of these people are dead or injured because they tried
installations which they did not understand."

It would also help if it was written with a basic use of the language.

and preferably by an electrician