Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
BillinDetroit BillinDetroit is offline

Default Wood Turners - The Evil Knievels of Woodworking?

charlieb wrote:

Eveil Knievel - in the turner’s world - you’re a cautious fellow.

charlie b
who shudders when he thinks about some of the things he's seen wood
turners do - and still pokes sharp steel into spinning pieces of wood -
in spite of his better judgement.

The crazy part of it all is that, after I've had all the fun there is in
a piece of wood, someone else is often willing to buy it.

"They" call it 'art'. I call it 'wood with all the fun cut off it'. ;-)

Bill

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000742-0, 05/21/2007
Tested on: 5/22/2007 2:57:27 AM