Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Whole house Surge Protector?

"NoOne N Particular" wrote in message
I would hope that this is what whole house suppressors are designed to
protect us from. It would save me all the hassle of having to
repair/replace all that stuff, and of course all the hassle of filling out
paperwork and hassling with PG&E. Probably worth the price just for that.
However I am still wondering why only one circuit breaker tripped. Too
instantaneous maybe??

Wayne

Our power company, Connecticut Light and Power, is now offering a system.
They do the install and provide you with a set of individual protectors to
use in conjunction with the main system. Cost is $62 plus $4.95 a month
http://www.cl-p.com/online/residenti...protection.asp

Ii probably should sign up for it. Stories like your reminds me that I'm at
risk.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/