Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
sparky sparky is offline

Default Interlock locks to be used in lieu of transfer switch

On May 15, 6:08 am, "Vaughn Simon"
wrote:
"Bruce L. Bergman" wrote in messagenews:grni43tidnvrqosemqrh7j15ni9hq5v7fk@4ax .com...

On Sun, 13 May 2007 18:52:33 GMT, "Vaughn Simon"

Not at all - a person properly trained in electricity theories,

I am both an electronics technician and a licensed electrician, so I think
I have had a bit of training in electricity theories.

construction codes and the like would know the risks involved, and if
he did cause a backfeed into the utility system anyway and someone
dies, Murder 2 (done deliberately but with no premeditation) would be
a reasonable charge to level.

That is absolute bull****.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in doing things right. In fact, I have a
proper transfer switch on my own home. But why must this transfer switch
conversation always disintegrate into such childish nonsense?

Vaughn

Protecting peoples lives is not nonsense!

I am amazed at how many truly ignorant people are advising that some
variety of interlock is OK for a transfer switch. It is not only
dangerous but
illegal in both Canada and the US.

The emphasis is on Ignorant.