Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry and a Cat named Dub Larry and a Cat named Dub is offline

Default Leaf guards for gutters.

I choked bought them and wished I would have done it thirty years ago Best
money I ever spent 99.9% satisfied
bigger gutters bigger downspouts and I added the pop up yard water diverters
from waterproof.com Very Happy I camper I is!!!
"BobR" wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 21, 4:55 pm, aezael wrote:
I am getting too old to climb ladders and clean the gutters so I am
asking for any input about how to protect the gutters from being
filled with leaves and debris.
Thanks for any help.

I replace my open gutters about 12 years ago with a gutter system
called LeafGuard. This system uses a complete cover over the gutter
that relies on the water adhearing to the surface of the guard and
following a curve back into the gutter while the leaves are washed off
the guard.

http://www.leafguard.com

They guarantee the system and will clean the gutters for free if they
ever clogged. I lived in the house for 12 years after putting the
gutters on and only had to have them cleaned out once. The gutters
were very effective with a couple of minor exceptions. One, the fine
gravel off of our new roof flowed with the water into the gutter. The
water flow was not enough to clear the gravel out of the gutter. The
other problem was a buildup of pine-needles over that period of time
and we had to have the gutters cleaned after 10 years. The other
types of leaves were not a problem though and they washed over the
gutter.