Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Leaf guards for gutters.

on 5/21/2007 6:47 PM Freckles said the following:
aezael wrote in message ...

I am getting too old to climb ladders and clean the gutters so I am
asking for any input about how to protect the gutters from being
filled with leaves and debris.
Thanks for any help.

I too am of the age where climbing ladders to clean my gutters has become
too strenuous and dangerous.

When I was in Lowe's a few days ago I saw a device that attaches to a garden
hose and allows one to clean their first floor gutters from the ground.

It sells for about $25 or $30 and I intend to get one this weekend. I'll let
you know how it works.

Don't bother. I got one. It sucks, unless you only have a few leaves in
there. Once they pile up halfway down the gutter, you'll need a pressure
washer to break it up. A ladder, bucket, and two hands (plastic gloves
optional) is the best way to go.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY