Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Help: Sink Water Hot, Shower Water Not

On May 20, 10:52 pm, wrote:
Hi,
Beginning two days ago, my shower hot water supply does not get nearly
as hot as it used to. The sinks around the house seem be the same as
they always have (nice and hot), it's jsut the bathroom shower that
seems to have cooled down.

If it's a new development (as you say) and the other hot taps in the
same bath are still hot, it's not the supply to the branch point but
after -- therefore, it's almost certainly a failure in the metering
valve or, if it's a fairly new control, the automagic temperature/anti-
scald mechanism.

Alternatively, I guess there's a possibility of a flow restriction in
the last section of piping that supplies that particular shower, but
it would be way down on my lest of likely causes...