Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default Electical question

Renata wrote in
:

On 17 May 2007 04:39:57 GMT, Puckdropper
wrote:

(Doug Miller) wrote in
. net:

Blank labels read the same in any language. g

I'm labeling mine as we blow breakers due to excess current.

*trim*

My solution to that problem was to...
rip out the kitchen, and redo all the electrical circuits (in the
kitchen), ripping out the BX, replacing it w/grounded romex, adding a
few circuits, rearranging and exchanging breakers, and in the process
figuring out what each and every breaker served. Minor problem that
ensued was a few outlets in the basement are suddenly dead, due to
feeding off one of the old, as yet untraced, disconnected kitchen
lines.

'Course, that may be overkill in your situation...

*snip*

Renata

Actually, that's underkill. To solve this house's problem, it really
needs to be knocked down and rebuilt. (Blown up... hm... what fun. Too
bad the neighbor's so close. The owners could charge admission for the
event and maybe offset new construction costs.)

Puckdropper