Posted to alt.home.repair
snydley snydley is offline

Default Sliding patio door entry lock help needed

"David Martel" wrote in message
link.net...
Synde,

http://www.addalock.com/burglabar.html

Many hardware stores offer a product that clamps on the metal track and
can be used to lock the door partially open for pets. These clamps are
convenient but are not very secure.
If you close your door and carefully drill through both frames where
they overlap in the middle you can slide a bolt or nail in the drilled
hole to lock the doors.

Dave M.

Hi Dave,
What I'm looking for is an outside door handle with barrel lock on it,
something I can use to lock it with a key from the outside. It locks fine
from the inside, I want to use it as an entry door.
Thanks for the help
Snyde