Posted to rec.woodworking
Renata Renata is offline

Default Electical question

On 17 May 2007 04:39:57 GMT, Puckdropper
wrote:

(Doug Miller) wrote in
et:

Blank labels read the same in any language. g

I'm labeling mine as we blow breakers due to excess current. There's
power to the garage that also includes the kitchen in the next room, 90%
of the house on breaker 15, I guess when they installed the heaters in
the bathrooms they got their own circuits...

and there's a bunch of breakers that I don't know what they're for yet.

My solution to that problem was to...
rip out the kitchen, and redo all the electrical circuits (in the
kitchen), ripping out the BX, replacing it w/grounded romex, adding a
few circuits, rearranging and exchanging breakers, and in the process
figuring out what each and every breaker served. Minor problem that
ensued was a few outlets in the basement are suddenly dead, due to
feeding off one of the old, as yet untraced, disconnected kitchen
lines.

'Course, that may be overkill in your situation...

I delayed figuring out all the circuits until I had to. Surprisingly,
in spite of a rather small # of breaker slots (~18?) I managed to find
enough space in the panel to get in all the circuits I wanted,
including 7 -8 for the kitchen.

Renata

Well, this is what happens when your house wiring "evolves".

Puckdropper