Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] lordculver@hotmail.com is offline

Default Water tank removal from loft - Osmaglass

On May 13, 7:09 pm, Ed Sirett wrote:
On Sun, 13 May 2007 03:57:22 -0700, lordculver wrote:
I have an Osma 40 gallon Water Storage Cistern (tank) in the loft.
It is unused, not connected to the water supply and empty.

My loft entrance is too small to get the tank out. Is it safe to saw
up the tank into manageable chunks for removal? It is made of
"Osmaglass".

What type of cutting tool would be best for the job?

Thanks

I'm assuming that you NEED to remove the tank from the loft?
A hard point (cheap and disposable) hand saw should make quick work of it,
although it will be blunt at the end of the job.

The FAQ for uk.diy is athttp://www.diyfaq.org.uk
Sealed CH FAQhttp://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/SealedCH.html
Choosing a Boiler FAQhttp://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/BoilerChoice.html
Gas Fitting Standards Docs hehttp://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/GasFittingStandards

The hardpoint saw cut through the tank like a hot knife through
butter. Easy.

Thanks for the advice.