Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default DAB aerial

In article , The Natural
Philosopher writes
tony sayer wrote:
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
writes
In article ,
tony sayer wrote:
FM stereo compromises audio bandwidth to below what is the norm for
reasonable Hi-Fi equipment.

It does not!, just because it cuts of at 15 kHz rather then 20 kHz is
bugger all to do with it, and you as a sound engineer ought to know
that!..
Well you seem to be throwing specs around as a be all and end all. FM is
*not* a perfect system and never has been.

And this new wonder DAB system eh?.

The Jazz at 128 K Mono.. real new world is that;!...

Well as we used to say when the needle on the korg was at least visible
somewhere on the scale 'good enough for Jazz'

Let's face it, since its all played 'between the notes' by drunken
egotists, the bitrate hardly matters does it?

And I suppose a lorra rock on more solid mind altering substances;?....
--
Tony Sayer