Posted to alt.home.repair
snydley snydley is offline

Default Sliding patio door entry lock help needed

HELP,
I have a wooden 1 5/8" thick sliding glass patio door that has no exterior
lock cylinder in the outside handle. The door was on the house when I bought
it 6 years ago, I don't know what brand it is and I can find no
identification on the door anywhere. I want to buy whatever hardware is
necessary to allow me to lock the back door up when I leave and use this
door as an entry door. I have been to the local Lowes and Home Depot stores
and can't find anything that will work. My door is wooden, 1 5/8"
"thick",(outside to inside), and the door handle screws are 4" center to
center. Has anyone ever had this predicament and know where I can buy the
hardware necessary to accomplish this? I can't believe there is not
something out there that will work.
Thanks for any help,
Snyde