Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Panasonic PT-50LC13 shuts down

A friend is asking me to look at this Panasonic PT-50LC13 TV he picked up, I
believe it's a rear projection CRT. It was given to him as broken but he
tried it out and it came on and looked great for about 5 minutes then shut
down with the power light flashing. After cooling off it did that one more
time, but now he says when the power button is pressed the light goes from
red to green, then flashes yellow until power is disconnected. I'm thinking
cracked solder joints but I was curious if this series has any known defects
I should look for so I can come prepared. I've worked on a lot of TVs
before, but projection sets almost always have a few surprises for me.