Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Dremmel Grout Removal Kit

On 2007-05-20 20:39:15 +0100, John Rumm said:

Andy Hall wrote:

I'm very picky about tools but on this one I can honestly say that
there is nothing that I would really criticise. It would be helpful
if the dust extraction for sanding were better, but that is a
limitation of any sander with holes in the paper for extraction.
OTOH. it does seem that the oscillating action, with the tiny amount of
movement doesn't result in as much dust being kicked out as in the case
of conventional sanders, so I have never found dust to be a big problem.

I have noticed that if you use it to finish of dry lining filler with a
coarse paper, the dust just pours off the sanding point and falls to
the floor without much getting airborne at all which is quite nice. The
rate of removal is also surprisingly high.

Mmm.. just what I've been doing today, and yes cleanup is not too bad at all.