Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lurch Lurch is offline

Default Old style Crabtree MCBs

On Sun, 20 May 2007 19:30:06 GMT, "ARWadsworth"
mused:

"Lurch" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 20 May 2007 18:58:41 GMT, "ARWadsworth"
mused:

Does anyone know where I can buy old stlye Crabtree MCBs from?
Many wholesalers sell retro MCBs but they look like this
http://www.rbstaronline.co.uk/acatalog/Crabtree_Starbreaker_range__old_type_.html
and are no use on a Crabtree CU as the bottom screw is centralised and not
offset to the left as the original MCBs were.

I can source second hand of Ebay but would prefer new.

Have you got a pic of one of the ones you do want?

I do.

ebay item 270121041797
or
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270121041797&fromMakeT rack=true
if the link works

I see. Never really noticed tbh, but yeah, I can see the offset now.

I've got quite a few SB6000 series MCB's, think they're pretty much
all second hand ones. I'll have a look though, might be some new ones.

AFAIWA there were the new clip on ones and the old screw on ones. I can't
say as I've
ever come across one with offset screws.

The old ones are offset to the left and the MEM21 were offset to the right.
Both are interchangable if there is space to the left of right on the
busbar. In this case there is no space.

The clip on ones are now on the third generation AFAIK but all mix and
match.

Cheers

Adam

PS And there was the old old Crabtree bakelight stuff which I do not want.

C50 stuff, got loads of that, RCBO's, MCB's etc... some new, some
used.
--
Regards,
Stuart.