Robert Swinney

Default Run caps?

Rick sez: " Just how important is that level of balancing? I've spoken
with a
number of people who build converters for a living, and almost to a
person have said that as long as you're within 10%, you'll be fine."

The readings are from my 7.5 HP converter. I'm not clear re. your question
"that level of balancing". I wonder if the original poster was incorrect
about how close his voltages appeared to be - this because the amounts of
balancings caps he stated should not have yielded a nearly perfect balance.
I hope he will go back and look at them again.

The values of cap given for my converter yielded voltages well within the
10% range.

Bob Swinney