Sapient Fridge

Default Condensing-combi boilers

Sorry if this is off topic for the group but several people in cam.misc
suggested you would be able to give better advice that they could. I do
a lot of my own DIY (which means I'll probably keep this group
subscribed now I've found it) but putting a new boiler in is too big a
job for me (I wouldn't have a clue as to what needs connecting to what)
so I'll be getting someone in to do it.

I'm about to have a new boiler in and the plumber is trying to persuade
me to put in a condensing-combi boiler. Apparently they heat up the
water on demand and are quite efficient but I've heard that they can be
slow to get going. Anyone know if that is a problem?

Currently we are looking at Vaillant.co.uk boilers:

http://tinyurl.com/o1er

Has anyone got one of these (or something similar) and if so then is it
any good?

Another thing I don't understand is the difference between the "high"
efficiency (ecoMAX) and the "standard" efficiency ("turboMAX"). More
efficient looks better on the face of it but what's the disadvantage?
--
ICQ #17887309 * Save the net *
Grok: