Posted to uk.d-i-y
tillius tillius is offline

Default Best material/methodology to construct a low-cost custom electronics case?

On May 19, 7:56 am, wrote:

Seriously, youre just not giving enough info. No info re plastic vs
metal, application, what issues matter and what dont, budget,
appearance requirements, etc etc.

Give us a lot more info

NT

Sorry. I'm looking for a plastic case.

I don't think I'll be able to find a case off-the-shelf that will work
for this.

It is designed to lay flat (the 3" being the height) and has several
controls on the top sides with a large (15") LCD screen mounted in the
middle of the top.
The inside also needs to have ribs to support/segregate the various
electronic components and to provide clearance for shielding to
prevent certain components from interfering with certain other
components.

The edges of the case also need to be eased and wide side to wide side
it is a slightly wedged shape, with the thickness (height) at one of
the wide sides being 2.75" and the thickness at the other wide side
being 3.25". The wedge shape being integral to it's functionality.