Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default how do I get my 13amp Black & Decker circular saw to work?

On May 19, 9:31 am, John McGaw wrote:
Joe wrote:
I won this circular saw through a work contest and tried to use it the
other day and found it very difficult to cut through a 2x4. It's brand
new so I was wondering if I wasn't using it correctly. I let it warm
up to full speed then no matter how slow I proceed the blame stops
when it cuts through a small part of the wood. Is there something
that needs to be adjusted or did I get a dud?

Here's a link to the product

http://tinyurl.com/2qfa34

I take it you have no experience with circular saws so I'll give two
very basic questions/suggestions. First, is the blade installed in the
correct direction? The teeth should be facing the base plate in the
front of the saw. When the "blame stops" does the motor continue to run?
If so the blade bolt on the arbor is not tight enough.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]http://johnmcgaw.com

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner! The blade bolt was not tight enough.
Thanks a lot John! Works great now.