Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Moray Moray is offline

Default Sounds Like a cheap vacuum system

On May 17, 1:24 am, "Leo Lichtman"
wrote:
"Moray" wrote: Is this a complete system and do you think it wouild

work???
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It doesn't include the compressor. Most of the discussions ot this type
system lead to the conclusion that the amount of compressor power needed is
excessive. I don't think $255 is cheap. I put a vacuum system together for
my Jet 1236 for about $20, plus another $70 for a used vacuum pump. Check
Bill Noble's website for ideas, plans and used pumps. I don't have his web
address handy, but surely someone will supply it. I have a spare pump
sitting around that I bought for $20.

Thanks Bill Noble. I was on your site earlier. It is a great site. I
look around more on a site that gives a little more information on how
to do things and/or make things. I think even the people that buy the
product like to see how it is made. I just Googled your name and got
it. I have been onm so many sites about all kinda stuff to do with
turning. Even though I may not use all I am reading about right away,
I am just looking at possiblities and costs. With the wealth of
information on makin your own jigs and gadgets, I do like the idea of
making my own tools and gadjets but I will have to learn a lot more
trades to do all this so I may have to just see what I am going to do
and buy or make the bare necessities to to achive that. But I will in
future try to make some addition items that will aid in whatever
turning I am doing and at the same time I love finding and reading all
the possiblties. Here is a great web site with some short movie clips.
John MacNab works at Pier 21 in Hailfax Nova Scotia in the same
province as I. The guy that has a space next to him is a cabinetmaker
(Ken) and I was talk to him the other day and the next day I am there
he is going to introuduce me to John and let me see more on what and
how he does what he does. http://www.johnmacnab.ca/ I have always
found that people who do woodwork are so very open and friendly to one
another. Always willing to help out
An idea I have, of course if I get good enough before the reaper
comes, is if someone is taking down a tree in their yard, offer to
make them a bowl or something with some of the wood and that gives
them a connection to the bowl. They can say this is our apple tree or
whatever tree.
I am going to check the archives on bandsaws now as to the benefit of
low, medium, and high speed models and much more I need to
know ...............Murray