Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The Time / Money / Age Paradox

"charlieb" wrote in message

If you've upgraded to a new (and improved, quicker, easier, more
accurate) tool and don't have the "extra space" to keep its predecessor,
what do you do with "its predecessor"?

a) Would you consider "passing it on" to someone
who could really use it but can't afford to buy it?

b) How do you find that person?

A. Yes. I've never sold a tool. For that matter, not much else either.
I'd rather give stuff away or donate to Salvation Army stores than try to
make a few bucks. Seling something makes me h appy. Giving it away, makes
two people happy.

B. I've been fortunate there. I may know someone that would love to have my
old tool. If not, I take it to work with a free sign and it is always
taken.