Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Casting Large Concrete Pavers

On May 19, 8:32 am, Norminn wrote:

I know next to nothing about concrete, other than a few tips learned
when speaking with contractors when my hubby was building manager for
our condo. If I was pondering a project such as yours, I would use
smaller pavers and no rebar. I'm thinking that the thickness of the
concrete over the rebar will be only about 7/8" on either side. Seems
likely you would end up with a lot of burst concrete from the rebar
rusting and no surface strength along the rebar. I like pavers with
grass as you describe, but I would be inclined to use smaller pavers and
forget the rebar.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but with a response like that you
obviously know far more about concrete than you give yourself credit
for.