Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair
Rick Blaine Rick Blaine is offline

Default Interlock locks to be used in lieu of transfer switch

"Vaughn Simon" wrote:

As offered by FP&L, the price is just crazy.

I agree. Essenitally, all it has to be are a couple of sets of honkin diodes or
solid state switches and a connector inside an extention tube. Granted, the
price quoted includes removing the meter and replacing it, but that would take
all of 5 minutes.

On the other hand, a quick Google search suggests that $1000 seems to be the
going rate from several other utilities & coops.

Kind of reminds me of a program the local utility had going around here a few
years ago. They had not done a very good job at the time of engineering for
lightning, so surges were a big problem. Their short term response was to offer
a meter mounted surge arrestor for something like $20/month plus a several
hundred dollar install fee.

--
"Tell me what I should do, Annie."
"Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars