Posted to uk.d-i-y
BlueJohn BlueJohn is offline

Default OT - Help! Minor repairs to home needed

On 19 May, 12:15, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article .com,
BlueJohn wrote:

've also just been talking to somebody else who is in a similar
position - seems there are quite a few of us in limbo: not enough work
to attract a normal builder, and not enough DIY skills to do it
ourselves.

Given the range of jobs you want done I'd say you have *no* DIY skills.
Just about all the ones mentioned require easily acquired skills - apart
from plastering. Although you would need to purchase the required tools
for some of them.

Perhaps, but a) I don't want to bodge it, b) I don't have the time to
do it, even if I did know how. I realise that I could take a holiday
for it, but frankly, I'd rather spend that time having sex.