Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Socket in shower

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
wrote:
On 19 May,
405 TD Estate wrote:

I was assuming at 12v no current would be drawn - didn't a scrap heap
challenge team make a 12v submarine with all electrics exposed simply
because 12v is not enough volts to break down H20 molecules.

We used 25 KV at work, and used H2O as coolant at 25KV to earth. The
leakage wasn't enough to trip an RCD. The path length was a little
larger than that in 2.5mm T&E.

yes..distilled water..once you get any dissolved salts the conduction is
WAY up.

Indeed. I mounted a relay in the car in a stupid place where water could
drip onto it. It gave problems within weeks. The contacts went high
impedance although it still clicked.

--
*Speak softly and carry a cellular phone *

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.