Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] naveenreddyla@gmail.com is offline

Default Casting Large Concrete Pavers

I am about to start a project where I plan to cast a number of large
concrete pavers in a mold for a patio and a walkway. The pavers will
be 2" thick and vary from 2'x4' to 2x8'. Each paver will have
embedded 3/8" rebar and remesh for reinforcement. I also plan to use
some synthethic fibers mixed into the concrete as well to prevent
cracking. I am debating if water reducer would be needed.

I am using the bagged Quikrete you can get at the Home Depot. My
issue is to whether to use the regular or the high early concrete.
Faster cure time would help me get the project completed faster.
However, I am worried that the high early, since it cures faster might
be weaker and more susceptible to cracking. My biggest concern is that
cosmetically the pavers look good for as long as possible.

Does anyone have any experience with this process, or have any
suggestions that would help produce a casting with maximum longevity?

Thanks,

Naveen