Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default Thinking about.....buying home with mold

"Charlie Morgan" wrote

You are underplaying it to at least the same extent that he is
overplaying it.

CWM

Thank you, CWM. At the present time, I own four houses and land in three
states. In my life I have owned six houses previous to that, and two of
those I did an owner contractor on. I have done many remodels and building
trades work. At the present time, I am negotiating for 4.13 acres on which
to build 8 houses for sale. I did not just fall off the turnip truck.

That said, I can only say that I ME personally, would never even consider a
house that has mold problems. And that included if I got to the point where
the house looked good, and the mold was revealed by inspection or the
disclosures.

That's just me. There are certain deal killers when it comes to houses, and
every person has theirs, be it located on a busy street, poor drainage, lack
of landscaping, site irregularities, and on and on and on. Each of us has
something that they would not even go look at. And there is no need
explaining to everyone else.

If you're buying a house, and you're happy with the deal, and full
disclosure has been made, go for it. If you're selling a house, let your
conscience be your guide, and have a good attorney if you don't have a good
conscience.

Steve